Monday, November 4, 2013
By: C. Kent, aka (Superman)
It was a cold and cloud covered day as I looked outside this morning. It didn’t stop me dog from insisting on a walk first thing this morning but I was concerned it would keep people home from our bike ride. It didn’t really matter however because I was ready to ride even if I was the only one to get to Burger King. I got there and had coffee wit Digger and finally Dura Max while waiting for the rest of our riders. By 8:30 we had Daredevil, Bloodhound, MacGyver and Tax Man added to the mix. We hit the road 8:30 and headed South.
We had no trouble making it down to Acacia and then over to Kirby and once again south towards Cypress. My goal, as if my goal is ever accomplished, was to try and make this ride a simple slow recovery ride. I didn’t think I could control Bloodhound and wasn’t sure how fast Daredevil wanted to go so my plan was to take turns with MacGyver and pull Tax Man, Digger and Dura Max to the saddle at about 18 MPH. At least that was the theory as we made it to Johnston and then turned south again on Sanderson.
As we got to Domenigoni Daredevil decided to help us by pulling all the way to the saddle at about 19 or 20. The problem was that was too fast for some and Digger decided to fall back and ride sweep. Still everything was pretty good till we got to the dry wash where we had to back down just a touch and gather in Tax Man, but once back on he stayed with us all the way to Winchester where we were more or less back together. It broke up a bit before Leon where we started to gain on Bloodhound before regrouping at the saddle.
Dura Max and Tax Man decided to shorten the ride by going west on Newport while the rest of us went south on Menifee. As we moved towards Holland Daredevil fell back to give Digger some pointers on shifting, Spinning and climbing small hills. Bloodhound, MacGyver and I moved on to Scott after climbing the little hill just past Holland and Daredevil had Digger on Scott shortly after that. We all moved west on Scott to the Light at Antelope where we waited after Bloodhound made the light. Bloodhound was soft pedaling as MacGyver and I made it to Haun and then he started the run back to Holland. I went with him and MacGyver fell back to assist Daredevil, and Digger close on us by the time we got back to Newport and headed West again.
Picture 35
Bloodhound missed the turn at Bradley and we had to call him back as we headed north. While Digger and I waited for him MacGyver and Daredevil made a run at Golf Cart Racing. Bloodhound hardly paused as he passed digger and me and headed off in chase of MacGyver and Daredevil. When Digger and I made our way to McCall and back over the freeway we saw the other three riders sitting at the Valero. We didn’t stop and that caused Bloodhound to give chase like a puppy chasing a cat. Daredevil and MacGyver pulled up to us at Hillpoint and then we all went after bloodhound waiting at the top of Hospital Hill. As we dropped down the backside of McCall Bloodhound decided to turn on Menifee while the rest of us continued on to Heritage and south towards Lindenburger.
We watched at the light on Simpson as Bloodhound rolled by and as soon as we turned east, Daredevil started to ramp it up and was overhauling Bloodhound. I held on to his wheel for dear life and watched as Bloodhound pulled over at Leon. We didn’t miss a beat as we continued on towards Winchester and ended up watching Bloodhound give chase once more. Daredevil didn’t slack off at all and we made it to Winchester well ahead of any pursuing riders. We soft pedaled heading north on Winchester till Bloodhound and MacGyver caught up. We all rode to Winchester Market and stopped for coffee. The ride was in effect over and Daredevil, Bloodhound and MacGyver headed for home. Finally we took it easy till we got back to Acacia and I headed for home myself. A cool day for sure but an enjoyable one none the less.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment