Monday, November 18, 2013

By: C. Kent, aka (Superman) Another Monday morning had rolled around and for some reason I didn’t want to get out of bed. It was cold and I think my body remembered Saturday morning and the cold rain at the start of the ride. Still I got up and had breakfast before hitting the shower and getting dressed for a morning ride. It was an easy one on paper and I decided to break out the Klein and give the freshly cleaned Tarmac a day off. A few moments later I was on my way to Burger King and coffee. Digger was already there when I got there and we stood around having coffee together. I knew Quicksilver wasn’t going to be there today but I was surprised not to see Tax Man. In fact by 8:30 it was just Daredevil, Red Rabbit, Digger and me. We moved out onto Gilmore and headed to Acacia picking up Bloodhound along the way.
After Bloodhound spun around and joined us we headed west to Kirby and pretty quickly made our way to Cypress. We moved rapidly west and south to Johnston and Sanderson before heading due south towards Stetson and then Mustang trying to make our way to Domenigoni. Bloodhound and Daredevel made the light on Domenigoni and Digger and I got caught. They waited for us and we all headed for Searl. After rolling through the light at Searl we made our way to State and turned towards McSweeney. We, more or less, regrouped as we moved through the housing tract heading back to State.
Once headed back to Domenigoni Daredevil started us moving pretty quickly to the light. He continued on till we were halfway down State before sitting up to let Digger catch up. We all hit the rise and rounded onto Chambers before regrouping once more and finding out Rabbit was going to go up Bautista. We moved back out onto Stetson before heading for Columbia and running through the Crest Street housing tract.
We made our way to Lake and then Stetson before running down to Fairview and heading north towards Florida and over past the Fire station and out onto Ramona to make our way to the river crossing and onto Soboba. Daredevil and Bloodhound headed into the canyon first followed by Digger and me. I was in no hurry today and so Digger and I chatted pretty much all of the way back to State and the stop sign where we headed south towards Ramona once more.
Once on Ramona Daredevil and Bloodhound moved quickly east and Digger and I moved not nearly as quickly east till we got back to Main and regrouped. After starting out again Digger and I quickly fell behind and were at least 200 yards behind as we got to Cedar. They were already at Carl’s by the time we got to New Chicago. Daredevil had to head back before we got there but Bloodhound stayed to have coffee with us. Rabbit showed up and as we got ready to leave Bloodhound headed home first. We started north on New Chicago towards Lincoln with Rabbit in tow.
Rabbit didn’t stay with us all the way and Digger and I rode back to Lyon together and stopped to look at a bike and talk to people at the Hemet Bike shop. After looking at some saddles and an old steel framed Nashiki we headed for home and I got a few extra miles in. It started out as a cold slow day but ended up being just the kind of ride I needed to start the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment