Tuesday, July 7, 2015
By: C. Kent, aka (Superman)
Mondays are supposed to be simple rides starting the week. So we planned a good one with some long pace lines, a few short climbs and some long rollers. Seemed like a good idea on paper.
I got to the parking lot right after Dragon Slayer and just before Digger and Earth Dog. Even Tax Man showed up just as Quicksilver did. By 8am it looked like we had a small group I was looking forward to a cruise. We left the parking lot a bit late and then had a flat on Gilmore. Strike two was I forgot my camera but we were still planning on a simple cruise. We made it to Acacia and over to Kirby before turning onto Cypress and making our way to Johnston and the light on Sanderson.
We turned South on Sanderson and headed for Mustang only to see Bandit and Shooter with bandits Dad and Tim from CAS. They turned around on Sanderson and joined us as we pulled out onto Domenigoni and headed west. After an=bout a quarter of a mile Bandit and Shooter started a double pace line and pulled us all the way to Menifee and the new Gas station.
Once we had rehydrated we got back on Menifee to give chase to Earth Dog, Digger and Tax man. We headed south past the little school and the park. Bandit took us to Holland and started us up Revival to the stop sign at the top. After we all crested we found Tax Man, Earth Dog and Digger waiting at the big turn out.
We took off again and once again Bandit and Shooter took us south towards Scott and the light there. The light at Scott is not very responsive and it took two cycles before we could cross the street and continue south. We all followed Bandit and Shooter as they made their way to Keller and turned west to Antelope. Tax Man left us before Antelope and Digger went back to check on Earth Dog as Quicksilver and I headed towards the Hospital and east to Whitewood. We turned south again and found the big dogs waiting for us at Clinton Keith. They had some time constraints so Quicksilver, Dragon Slayer and I waited for Digger and Earth Dog before following then south.
We let digger and Earth Dog roll by and we followed then down the hill. Quicksilver and I fell back as they dropped like a rock down the hill to Los Alamos. They were at the light when it turned green so they turned left and headed east on Los Alamos. Quicksilver and I got through the light before it changed and caught up to them by the first stop sign. Dragon Slayer pulled us up the first big roller and got us headed through the canyon. I pulled up next to him by the last drop and last hard right leading up the last climb before Briggs and caught just the right gear to power to the stop sign. We headed for Leon and stopped to collect Digger.
I took over and got us to Max Gillis and then to the Light at Winchester. We started north and Dragon Slayer pulled us back towards Scott. When we got stuck at Scott Earth Dog continued on and gapped us. Quicksilver was feeling a bit underpowered so I went back to collect her and with the help of Dragon Slayer we got her back up to speed and began the long chase on Earth Dog as he headed for Holland. I took the last pull and got the three of us onto Earth Dog’s back wheel before the climb over the rise over looking the light at Domenigoni.
Earth Dog waited for Digger while Quicksilver led us north towards Simpson. Once we crossed the light at Simpson Quicksilver must have found any energy she lost on Winchester earlier. She had us moving at an easy 20 mph as we rolled by the dump road and around the curve before pulling into Winchester farms to get more water and some Beef Jerky. Digger and Earth Dog joined us for a short break before we got back onto Stowe to head home.
On the ride home I had to hold onto Dragon Slayers back wheel to keep my pace up. I was simply feeling out of gas. Dragon Slayer pulled us all the way back to Cawston and then I got us through the industrial park before dragon slayer took us to Sanderson. We made our turn north and Dragon Slayer took us up to Acacia and back to Gilmore. We pulled up to the cars and said good bye before I headed for home and a hot shower. I was toast and after lunch I took a nap. I had to get some rest before the Bautista ride tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment