Monday, August 3, 2015
By: C. Kent, aka (Superman)
Monday is one of my favorite days of the week. Well it is now that I don’t have to get up for work anyway. I posted a bit longer and rather flat ride for the day and headed for the parking lot to join whatever riders would be with me.
Digger, Earth Dog and Highlander were already there when I arrived and we only had to wait for Anaconda and Tax Man before 8 am and time to leave. Only six of us so we could make it a serious recovery ride. We headed out to Latham and over to Lyon before heading north to get on our way. It seemed like Anaconda and Digger were eager to get to Ramona because I was past Esplanade before I could get a picture of the group.
It took us a while to run down Earth Dog as he left Esplanade and the made it to Seventh Street. It wasn’t my intention to have t chase anyone today but we did drag ourselves up to his back wheel by the time we got to Cottonwood. We followed him for a while before I did take the lead briefly as we got close to Ramona to turn west. Once we rounded the corner I pulled for a minute or two more before Anaconda took over.
Anaconda picked up the pace a bit but kept the group the group together till we got to Sanderson. As we moved to the light on the Expressway I told Anaconda we would try to keep the pace at about 19 or 20 all the way to Lakeview. However once again Earth Dog jumped out front and I took over pulling the group after him all the way to Warren. We caught Earth dog by the time we got to Bridge. Tax Man took over the pull a bit later and kept it most of the way to the light before Lakeview and the new connivance store. After we had a short break we headed for the rollers on the Expressway while Tax Man and Highlander headed for Lakeview and the shorter ride we call Nuevo Square.
Once we were out on the Expressway once again Earth Dog left us in the dust and once again I had to pull the group back to him. I didn’t catch him till we crossed the bridge and then started us up the rollers. We were moving at a very reasonable clip and I wasn’t able to separate myself from Earth Dog and Anaconda till just before the top of the roller at Bernasconi. Both Earth dog and Anaconda caught me before the second roller and I pulled them to the top of that one. Digger rode by us and down the hill to Rider so we had to chase him. Digger made the mistake of Stopping on Rider and we flew by making a run for Evans.
I made the run at the light that is always red and sure enough it was. I stopped and Anaconda rolled by me s I had to chase her all the way to Evans were we got the light and everyone regrouped for the turn south.
We made short work of Evans and turned on Orange to come out on Dunlop and stopping on Nuevo. Digger took us to the top of the rise but he blew up and fell off the draft as we rolled by and headed for Menifee.
I took the lead at Central and pulled Anaconda ad Earth Dog to the nursery but lost them on the rise. Anaconda caught me on the way down to Mapes and we quickly made the turn towards Briggs and stopped. Earth Dog was in full chase mode and neither saw us nor heard us shouting at him as he cruised by Mapes. Digger was not far behind but at least we got his attention and we decided not to chase Earth Dog. We made our way to Briggs and headed south towards the High school and Florida. We picked up Earth Dog and the light and pulled the group south towards Grand and 9th street for the run down the dump road to Winchester.
Anaconda was segment hunting and I had to chase her most of the way to Leon. Her pace dropped Earth Dog and Digger and the two of us crested the rise in front of the D V V flag sprint together. I pulled away from her after the flag but she chased me all the way to Winchester. I pulled her all the way to Stowe and Winchester farms where we caught Highlander and Tax man getting ready to leave.
We followed east on Stowe a few Minutes after Highlander and Tax Man and headed for California I took the lead and pulled to California and then down to Stetson. We were still moving at a good clip as I pulled to Warren and Anaconda pulled to Cawston. We worked our way through Industrial and made our way to Sanderson. We were all back together as I pulled to Acacia and then to Kirby and finally to Gilmore where Earth Dog took off and beat us back to the cars. Tax Man and Highlander were still there so we talked for a while before heading for home and lunch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment