Monday, December 22, 2014
The TV Show Grimm is real
By: C. Kent, aka (Superman)
There are only five group ride days left in this year. It was requested that I make Wednesday an easier ride so we had some longer rides planned for Monday and Friday. In fact I almost felt cheated because we had a short week last week due to rain so today was going to be a relief day. I headed to the parking lot eager to do Dutch Treat and see who would be joining me.
It turned out to be a small but energetic group this morning. Digger and Sasquatch were there first followed by Hacker and Highlander. Surgeon surprised us by showing up just before Dragon Slayer. With me we had seven riders and headed onto Gilmore and south towards Acacia. I was still a bit cold and tried to keep things in the easy gears as we turned onto Kirby and then through the Light on Kirby to head south towards Cypress.
I got us started towards the railroad tracks and then turned west on Cypress and through the housing tract and towards Johnston. The goal was to pull the group north on Sanderson. We caught the light on Sanderson and once it turned green I got us pointed towards Stetson and then by Wally World only to watch Sasquatch launch an Attack on the Mustang Segment. Dragon Slayer and I was a half of a beat off as we rolled through Mustang but we didn’t quite reel him in before Domenigoni.
We got into a nice little pace line right after making the turn west and soon we had Hacker and then Dragon Slayer pulling us to the Dry wash. We dropped Digger on the upslope to the dry wash and pulled away from him as we headed for Winchester. We switched off leads as we headed for Leon and Dragon Slayer asked if we were planning a Saddle sprint or just pull the group to the top. I opted for pulling but as we got to the bottom of the saddle Sasquatch pulled away from Dragon Slayer and gapped us by about 10 or 15 yards. I tried to drag the group up but that wasn’t going to work so I chased Sasquatch down and we all regrouped on the Saddle and had a snack.
Once we had a snack we got ready to drop down the back side of the Saddle and head for Lindenburg. We made it easily to Menifee and turned south once more. Hacker need to stop by the park so Dragon Slayer, Sasquatch and I stopped with him while Surgeon, Highlander and Digger headed for revive to climb the little hill and wait till we got there. The four of us followed a few minutes later and made our way to Holland and got ready for the Revival climb. I was climbing next to Hacker with Dragon Slayer and Sasquatch chatting away behind me. As we got to the place where the hill kicks up I noticed the chatting stopped and Sasquatch was out of the saddle and closing on me. I pushed myself and managed to run in front of him till his rockets burned out and Hacker caught him at the stop sign. We regrouped and headed for Garboni and then to Scott.
Once on Scott I pulled us to Antelope and started us over the freeway and through the light on Haun. After we past Haun Dragon Slayer took over and pulled us all the way uphill to Murrieta where we regrouped again before heading north back towards Holland. I got us started and soon we were ramped up to about 30 mph before I hit a hole and popped out of a pedal. Sasquatch and Hacker past me and I had to tag on to Dragon Slayer before getting back out front just before Holland and I made the turn north west. Surgeon stayed on Murrieta while I attacked the rollers. Dragon Slayer and Sasquatch were on my wheel and Hacker wasn’t far behind. I started to gap them as we went through the rollers and started the little climb up the hill. I could hear them yelling something at me and it sounded a bit like stop or flat so I stopped and they ended rolling by me and heading for Railroad Canyon. We worked together till we got to the shopping center before heading back east towards Murrieta and a waiting Surgeon.
Sasquatch took off on us and it took Dragon Slayer and I most of the way to Berea before we caught him and regrouped at the Jack in the Box.
We were all back together as we headed east once more and I pulled us back to Haun and started over the freeway. We had to take the lane and finally Highlander and Dragon Slayer took over and pulled us to Antelope. All of us made the light except Digger so we rode on till we got to Menifee and waited for Digger.
Once we got back on the road Surgeon pulled us almost all the way to Lindenburger. We got to the light just as a slow truck was making the turn in front of us. He caught the draft leaving the rest of us to catch Surgeon and then ride together to Stetson and turn east. Dragon Slayer once again started the pull and was still in the lead as we rolled by Leon and headed into the trees.
For all of the people here that watch the series Grimm this is where things got weird. Dragon Slayer was still pulling as we entered the tree line and then something must have made him angry because we discovered that he was a Wesen Creature like they have on Grimm. I believe he changed or Vogued into a Cracher-Mortel, a puffer creature that spits poison. Anyway I managed to get a picture of the change in Dragon Slayer.
Ok that was poetic license because what really happened was Dragon Slayer got stuck by a bee right in his lip. He decided to finish the ride and was even going to join us at the healthy pub but once got there he decided to head for home and ended up at urgent care where they treated him to make sure he didn’t go into anaphylactic shock. Anyway he told me he was doing much better.
Still we had made our way to Winchester and Dragon Slayer took us to Winchester Farms for a quick break before heading back out onto Stowe and heading for home.
I got us back to California Street before Sasquatch decided to make a Strava run to Stetson. We caught him about halfway back to Warren where I took over again and pulled us back to Sanderson. Once heading north I worked with Dragon Slayer and Highlander as we headed to Lowes where they would turn for home. I took Surgeon, Hacker, Sasquatch and Digger to Healthy Pub where we waited for Dragon Slayer. As I said earlier he stopped by but left before the bee sting could incapacitate him. After the rest of us had a smoothie we headed for home and I left Hacker and Sasquatch at Devonshire and Palm. It was a great ride but I was thankful for a hot shower to warm me up when I got home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment