Friday, December 19, 2014

By: C. Kent, aka (Superman) We had our second rain out Wednesday and once again I was looking forward to riding on Friday. The predicted weather was for little or no wind and cool but not cold temperatures. I was eager to get up for breakfast and ready to head for the parking lot a bit early to meet Digger and Dragon Slayer and found Sasquatch waiting as well. Highlander, Bulldozer and Rocky all got there about the same time and we all stood around talking till 9am. No one else seemed to be willing to join us so like the magnificent seven we mounted our steeds and headed south to start our adventure.
We made it easily to Acacia and over to Kirby before heading south again towards the railroad tracks and Cypress. I led us to the housing tract and took us west for the second time. I was still leading as we got to Sanderson and had to wait at the light. We were doing a new modified ride today so when the light changed I took us to Stetson and got us started on our longest section of going west to this point. We were soon past the light at Cawston and heading for the airport.
I took us past the airport and then to Warren so we could make our way to California. On California Sasquatch took the lead and pulled us to Stowe. I was sitting in second and planned on sitting there all the way to Winchester if no one picked up the pace. That idea went to pot as soon as Bulldozer rolled by me followed by Dragon Slayer. I dropped in one Dragon Slayer’s wheel and Bulldozer dragged us west towards Winchester farms and broke the group in two. The four of us held together till we got to the parking lot and a short regroup before heading back south on Winchester. Dragon Slayer took us to the dump road and west towards the Wild West Saloon and Leon.
The group split again and I fell in with Highlander, Rocky and Digger while Bulldozer took Dragon Slayer and Sasquatch with him towards Menifee. Rocky and I pulled Highlander to Leon and Digger slowly dropped off the back and we turned towards Simpson and west to follow Bulldozer and his group. We tried to regroup just past Briggs and Highlander continued on till Digger caught Rocky and me. We did finally regroup on Simpson and Menifee before heading south again towards Domenigoni where Bulldozer left us and we decided to head for Revival rather than turn on Holland.
Dragon Slayer was the one that suggested we stay on Menifee all the way to Keller and I am pretty sure that route was not the favorite plan of Highlander. Still he was game and we continued on past the park and towards Holland. As we crossed the intersection Sasquatch started to pick up the pace and got ready to attack the hill so I dropped on his back wheel and stayed with him. He mistakenly attacked a bit early and had to fall off before the top but still in was an impressive effort and he was second. Once we were all together we headed for Gaboni with Dragon Slayer pulling.
We made it to Scott and had to wait for the light before heading to Keller and making the turn towards Antelope. We were strung out a bit was we headed south towards Baxter and the turn over to White Wood and the long downhill. We caught the light at Clinton Keith and started the long fast downhill run towards Murrieta Hot Springs. We got there pretty much together and headed east towards Winchester. Digger caught up to us at Margarita and we all headed to Winchester. We headed to Benton and regrouped at the Gas Station before heading north to head for home.
We wasted no time getting by Max Gillis and heading for the long haul to Scott road. Dragon Slayer, Rocky, Sasquatch and I took turns to Scott and then back to Holland. I will admit we were moving at a pretty good pace and at times we stretched the group a bit and had to reel in back together but we did a pretty good job of getting back to Domenigoni as a group. Digger as a little bit behind but only by maybe 45 seconds as we got ready to head east towards Sanderson. Once again we worked together to get back to Sanderson and head north back to the parking lot.
We dropped Rocky off on Johnston where he headed for home and I stayed out front till we got by Johnston and then to the Railroad tracks in front of Wentworth. We had to stop for a moment when Sasquatch tossed a chain before he was rolling again and we got to Lowes and around to Acacia.
Dragon Slayer led us out onto Acacia and we followed him back to Kirby to catch another light. Once we were rolling again I got us to Gilmore and we rolled over to Burger King and regrouped at the cars. Sasquatch and I rode over to Hemet Bike to look at a bike build for Sasquatch and the two of us rode back to Acacia and Palm together where I left for home. I pulled up to the house with 49 miles on the computer and tired legs for either the mileage or the cool weather. Either way it was a good ride and I had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment