Wednesday, July 2, 2014

7/02/2014 By: C. Kent, aka (Superman) I almost always look forward to Wednesdays and today was no different. I had one of my favorite rides planned and the weather was perfect so even if I went to bed late the night before it was easy to get up, have breakfast, get dressed and head for the Parking lot. It was a good group that had formed with Barracuda, Bloodhound, Surgeon, Tax Man, Highlander, Quicksilver, Digger and Minotaur. It was just after 8 am as we headed out of the parking lot and started our ride. I will admit to a cobweb filled first part of the ride where I personally irritated several drivers that I hardly even noticed. Still somehow I made it to esplanade alive and awake.
Once we were out onto Ramona we formed a nice little pace line and headed for Sanderson to hit the Expressway. Bloodhound was long gone when we turned and we didn’t even see him as we headed west on the Expressway. We formed a nice little pace line, set it on 21 to 22 mph and headed for Bridge. Quicksilver took over the lead at Bridge and pulled us to Hansen where we took a break before heading towards the rollers by Lake Perris and the run on Rider. I came up over the rollers on Barracuda’s back wheel and we saw Bloodhound as we headed for the turn onto Ryder. We made a quick regroup and headed for Evans and a turn south with me on Bloodhound’s wheel.
We turned on Nuevo and headed for Menifee. Barracuda and Bloodhound took the group over the bridge and the Bling team fell off a bit so I dropped back and pulled them to Menifee and south towards Central. We were closing a bit as we past the Nursery and headed towards Mapes. Bloodhound took their group to Florida and the AM/PM and I took our group on Mapes to Briggs. We pulled onto Grand/9th street and headed for Winchester and as we past Leon we could see the other group heading north towards us. I tried to form our group up to make a run for it but that didn’t work and only Minotaur and I made the flag sprint before being caught.
We then made the turn onto Winchester and had a quick ride t Winchester farms for a refueling break before the group headed home with Bloodhound. Minotaur was still drinking a large soda when they left so I waited with him. He decided to finish the soda off and give chase.
I told him it wouldn’t be easy because they had a few minutes on us. But he thought the Bling team would slow them down. Still I was burning up the road heading east on Stowe and tried to keep us rolling at about 23 or 24. It burned too many matches for Minotaur and we fell off quite a bit on California and again on Stetson. We did see Digger trailing and managed to catch him as we got to the airport.
I was pretty sure we wouldn’t catch Highlander once he got to the airport and I didn’t know how far ahead he might be. Still Minotaur wanted to keep pushing and we headed north on Sanderson to Lowes and around the back of the store. Minotaur and I pulled out onto Acacia and headed for Kirby still not spotting the fleeing group.
Finally we saw then as we turned onto Gilmore and they were just catching the light at Florida. We got there just as they were pulling up and loading their vehicles for the trip home.
We stayed to talk for a few minutes before we split up and headed off for our own homes. I had to stop by and shop for a fork mount so I can put my bike in my car and found Highlander and Minotaur already there. Barracuda and I rode to Acacia together where he turned for home and I stayed on Lyon all the way to Johnston and home myself. Great morning and I had fun even without pushing myself to exhaustion.

No comments:

Post a Comment