By: C. Kent, aka (Superman)
The hope was for a good warm day to ride and that is just what it looked like as I rode down Palm heading towards Florida. I was not the least bit surprised to see several people waiting for me as I pulled into the parking lot getting ready to ride. For whatever reason we were short some of our A riders but most of the B group was there so ten of us pulled out onto Gilmore.

The planned ride was one of our favorite out and back rides to Elsinore. After two days of extreme pursuit it was also a time for an easier pace than the last two rides. We didn’t push it down Kirby or on Cypress but still we were moving along at a pretty good clip. We ran into a early problem on Sanderson when one riders got a flat. We all waited and talked while the tire was fixed and then moved onto Domenigoni. We decided to run a pace line with the whole group making 30 to 40 second pulls and managed to average 20+ MPH all the way to the saddle without anyone getting tired. We regrouped at the top of the saddle and talked about how easy the short leads had been on everyone.

We took off down the saddle and headed for Menifee and then over the freeway towards Murrieta. We spread out a bit but by Bradley we were back in a group heading for Carl’s on Murrieta. We made a brief stop at Carl’s and then headed out towards Railroad Canyon. For one of the first times ever we all made it up the first climb into the canyon within sight of each other. Surgeon and D’Artagnon pulled away with Sea Lion while I waited for Highlander, CycoBob, T-3, Ocelot and Dura-max.

We met up with Attack Cat at Micky Ds and had a quick cup of coffee before getting back out onto the street and heading up Railroad Canyon. We took the first little climb more or less as a group until Surgeon started to pull away. About 100 yards later D’Artagnon pulled around me and gave chase and Attack Cat followed close in his draft. I started to pick up the pace but noticed I was pulling away from the rest of the group so I fell back and rode with Highlander and T-3. It seems as if Sea Lion dropped a chain so we waited at the first light and regrouped before heading the rest of the way through the Canyon.

We were still all together as we got to Newport and Antelope where the group caught the light red. Wolf moved into the left turn lane to head for home and the rest of us finally moved on over the saddle heading for home. We pulled up to Surgeon by Winchester and most of us turned onto Sanderson and headed back towards Burger King. T-3, D’Artagnon and I broke off at Johnston and I got back to my house with 45.45 miles on the computer. It was a great day and a great ride just as I had thought it would be.

No comments:
Post a Comment