Wednesday, May 11, 2011

5/11/2011
By: C. Kent, aka (Superman)

I had been looking forward to a good day for a good ride and today proved to be just such a day. It was maybe just a bit cool when I got up but the sun was out and there were very few clouds in the sky so I put on arm warmers and leg warmers and headed out the door heading for Burger King and the expectation of meeting up with friends. There were at least five riders waiting for me when I got to the parking lot. By 8:30 we were 16 strong and ready to go. Raptor made 17 but he left just before the rest of us pulled out of the parking lot.


It was a quick trip down Gilmore to Acacia and it didn’t take long to make it over to the stop light at Kirby. We were still warming up so the pace wasn’t blistering still it was good to see T-3 up close to the front riding with confidence. We chatted away as we rode south on Kirby and made the turn onto Cypress and as we moved through the housing track many of the B riders were still in the front with A riders taking their time getting ready for the run west on Donemigoni.

We got to Johnston and then caught the light on Sanderson where we waited for quite a while before being able to turn south once again and move towards first Stetson and then Mustang and the High School. As we got closer to Domenigoni I was pulling and planned on setting the early pace once we started west towards warren Road.

After I pulled off of the front of the group it didn’t take long before most of the A group moved forward. Once Blood Hound, Rocket, Gambler, Bandit, Daredevil, D’Artagnon, Wolf and Surgeon started to pull away the two groups spread out into about three clumps. We didn’t regroup in mass at the top of the saddle but we did collect CycoBob, Warden, Sea Lion and Surgeon before moving on to the Carl’s on Newport road for a quick nature stop and regrouping with the A group and heading off towards Goetz. Some of us waited for the rest of the B group at LaLadera before going on to Goetz and up the three hills. Sea Lion waited for Warden and I to catch up about 2/3 of the way to the top and we regrouped once more with the A group.

We make quick work of the downhill to Ethanic Road and then split once more by the time we made the turn onto Murrieta and soon watched the A group make the turn onto McCall and then we lost sight of them. We made quick work of McCall and soon found ourselves heading east on Simpson towards Winchester Road.

We pulled into Chris’s after the A group already had their coffee. They left a few minutes after we arrived. The B group took their time and had coffee and conversation before heading for home by taking Winchester to Stowe and then heading towards California Street.


It didn’t take us long to work our way over to Stetson and then back to the airport before getting back to Sanderson. T-3 broke for home on Sanderson while the rest of the B group headed for the Lowes parking lot and around the back of the store to get back to Acacia.

I made a quick stop to talk with some of the riders loading their bikes on their vehicles before heading home myself. I ended up with a touch more than 44 miles by the time I got home and a good feeling about the ride. As it is often said this is why we live in California.

No comments:

Post a Comment