Friday, April 22, 2011

4/22/2011
By: C. Kent, aka (Superman)



For the first time in a long time I didn’t feel much like getting up at 6:30 just because it was getting light. I considered pulling the covers over my head and staying in bed a bit longer but finally I dragged myself into the kitchen for my morning coffee and looked out onto another overcast day. I had planned a rather easy ride for Friday but easy days didn’t always end that way. I could only hope this was going to be as easy as I had planned.


Snow Goose was out visiting with us and Bounty Hunter showed up for the ride. Warden got there just before we were ready to leave. Huntress pulled into the parking lot early and Joined Gambler, Centaur, D’Artagnon, Wolf, Dura-max, Blood Hound and I as we watched Warden unload his bike and check the air in his tires. Bounty Hunter had planned on leaving early but wanted to join us for the beginning of the ride. We quickly made it down Gilmore to Acacia and then to Kirby before dashing through the housing tract and over to Sanderson. We started out in a pace line almost from the beginning and soon were past Stetson and heading for Mustang and the High School.

Once up on Domenigoni we started to rotate through the pull till I found myself at the back of the line. Wolf and Huntress joined me and we picked up Casey Jones joined us at Warren Road. We drifted into three groups as we closed in on Winchester but came back together as we regrouped on top of the saddle. After a short rest we headed towards Menifee but dropped Casey Jones before we got to Lindenburger. I went back to see if he needed any help but he decided not to fix his flat and called his wife to pick him up instead. I found Wolf, Dura_max and Warden waiting for me on Menifee and Domenigoni. We headed south on Menifee in pursuit of the rest of the group.

We regrouped at the top of the little hill just past Holland and headed for Scott Road and headed to Hawn for the run back to Newport. The sky was just starting to clear and we picked up speed heading back towards Holland.

It didn’t take us long to work our way over to Bradley and then to McCall. A quick regroup on top of McCall and we dropped down to Heritage and then to Lindenburger. Gambler led us on a long pull almost to Winchester where we turned towards Chris’s where we stopped for coffee. After some coffee and conversation we were back out onto Winchester and headed for Stowe. We held together as a group very well all the way to Stowe as made the turn towards California. It was time to relax and ride side by side so we could talk a bit for the ride home.

We maintained a pretty good pace all the way back to the airport and then to Sanderson. I managed to get the energy to lead us back to the Lowes parking lot as we made the final turn towards Acacia and Kirby and finally left us back t back to Burger King. Blood Hound got us back to Kirby and finally left us at Gilmore. D’Artagnon and Gambler left us at Florida and the rest of us made it back to Burger King to go our separate ways home. I ended up with 41 miles and had a great ride. I can only hope the rest of the group had as much fun as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment