Tuesday, February 2, 2016
By: C. Kent, aka (Superman)
I was not expecting such a cold morning as I rode to Burger King Monday morning. As I got to the parking lot I am sure I looked like I was heading to the North Pole. I got there to see Digger and his dog walking in the parking lot and we talked till Anaconda drove up. The only other rider to brave the cold was Highlander and he was dressed much like I was. We had a short ride planned and were ready to bail out if it got as windy as they had predicted. At 9am we wished Digger a good day and headed down Gilmore towards Acacia.
As we stopped at the light on Acacia and Kirby I was able to pull easily to Cypress but that was one of the last times Highlander and Anaconda let me lead. Anaconda and I did ride together to Johnston and Sanderson to once again catch the light and wait to head south towards Stetson. It was here that Highlander took over and pulled us all the way to Domenigoni and headed west towards Warren. We did give him a slight break after the dry wash but he got back in front as we got to Winchester and pulled us all the way to the saddle. We decided to modify the ride a bit after the saddle and headed for the gas station on Menifee for a nature break.
We pulled out of the gas station and onto Menifee to head south once more. Highlander and Anaconda led us all the way to Holland and got us started up revive to get in a climb that we would have missed on Briggs. I was just a bit faster than last week up the climb but still well below normal for what I used to do on the hill. We all made it to the top only yards apart and managed to get back together before Garbani and the turn west. After the first stop sign Highlander got back in front and pulled us all the way to Antelope and north back towards Newport. We passed the college and soon made it back to Newport and headed east. We started north o Menifee and were planning on going up to Simpson but decided to ride through the neighborhood and over to Lindenburger before cutting over to Simpson and east again. We managed to stay together all the way to Winchester and then Highlander took us up to Winchester farm for a short break.
After I downed a banana and a cold drink we were back out onto Stowe and headed east towards California. It may have warmed a bit on the ride but it was back down to under 47 degrees as we made our way east.
By the time we got to California and headed north towards Stetson the breeze started to come up and we were worried that it would pick up in our face on the way home. But we were lucky because it never got bad as we made our way to Warren and then cut over from Cawston to Sanderson and back towards Acacia. We made our way to Kirby again and were all stopped by the light at Kirby. I stayed with them till we got to Gilmore and Florida where I left them and headed for home. The hot shower felt so good I was worried I would use all of the hot water. But all in all it was a great ride even if it was colder than I like.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment