Monday, October 27, 2014

By: C. Kent, aka (Superman) I was feeling pretty good most of Saturday and most of Sunday. Then Sunday evening my legs started to cramp a bit. I didn’t know how I would feel Monday and I was pretty worried about riding anything but a flat ride so I was glad we were doing Nuevo Square. I got dressed and headed for the parking lot testing myself a bit to see how I would hold up to anything but a recovery ride. By the time I got to Burger King I started feeling a bit better and started looking forward to the ride. We had a small group and headed for Latham to start out trip to Ramona.
It was good to have Dragon Slayer and Magic Man with us today. They had come down from Nuevo and would be breaking off when we got back there but in the meantime they could help me pull Tax man, Highlander and Digger up to Ramona. We moved quickly past Menlo and up to Esplanade. Dragon Slayer came up to pull before we got to Ramona and got us to Ramona Boulevard.
Dragon Slayer stayed in front as we turned west on Ramona and kept the pace reasonable so the group would stay all together all the way to Sanderson and over to the Expressway where we had to wait for a green light. I started us west and pulled till we got to Warren before giving the lead to Highlander. Highlander pulled well past Bridge before turning the lead over to Digger. Once Digger gave the lead to Dragon Slayer the group split slightly and it stayed that way till we got to the Valero station at Lakeview.
Dragon Slayer and Magic Man left us and headed for home as we got ready to leave the gas station. I took us out to Lakeview and started us towards Nuevo Road. Soon we were coming up on the construction at the elementary school and the past the post office. We turned the corner and jogged over to head for Central.
I took the lead again and got us down to Menifee and started south. Highlander stayed right on my wheel to the stop sign and Tax Man caught up as we headed for the nursery and the ride there. Digger fell back a bit while the three of us rolled past the rise and headed for Mapes.
We made our way to the light at Florida and had a small regroup before continuing on towards McCall. I still had the lead as we made the light on McCall and rode our way t Simpson and the over the rise to drop down to Domenigoni and head east Highlander took the lead and pulled us all the way to the saddle and we all crested is just a few bikes apart. I got us to Leon and Highlander took us to Winchester. We continued on to the dry wash and to Warren where we found Raptor cruising east towards S anderson.
It didn’t take long before we were back on Sanderson and headed north. Once again I pulled us to Wally world and stopped at the light on Stetson. I continued pulling till we got to Lowes and around the back to Acacia to head back east and the light at Kirby. We all got back to Gilmore and then to the parking lot before heading for home and lunch. It was about a perfect recovery ride and I felt better when I got home than when I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment