Friday, November 9, 2012
11/09/2012
By: C. Kent, aka (Superman)
Proof there are UFOs
It was a strange day to start with and in fact it had been a strange two days. They weren’t even predicting rain for Thursday so I was surprised to see the streets were wet Thursday morning. Before I started to plan for the Friday ride I looked carefully at the weather predictions and we were supposed to be clear till Friday afternoon. Not wanting t chance getting wet I planned an easy flat ride first west and then east to Carl’s for a 38 mile recovery ride. But when I got up Friday it didn’t look like a real clear morning. It would remain to be seen who would show up once I got to Burger King. For the longest time the group seemed like it was just going to be Highlander, Digger and me but we waited till nine just to be sure. To our surprise Bandit pulled into the parking lot followed shortly by D’Artagnon and finally Gambler. To say we were surprised is an understatement because with rain possible they were the last three we expected. Yet we made it to Acacia and then Kirby with those three in tow. But by the time we turned on Cypress I felt uncomfortable. It was like something was watching us and it made my hair stand up on the back of my neck.
I could almost smell a whiff of Ozone in the air and there was something above us parting the clouds. I wondered if it was a plane but it didn’t make any noise and even a blimp makes noise. Still we continued on till we got to Johnston and headed to Sanderson. I wondered if maybe we shouldn’t cut the ride short and head back for the warmth of a Starbucks or other coffee shop. But we decided to continue on and make the turn north on Sanderson and down to the light at Wentworth. Once we made our turn west towards the airport I heard Gambler yell something and then there was this electric snap sound and I looked back to see Gambler, D’Artagnon and Bandit were gone. I clicked a quick picture and we continued on.
I didn’t realize just what had happened but I started to worry that maybe I had just seen an alien abduction. My hope was that the three rides had not been captured by aliens from the Planet Proctos. That only came into my mind because Digger had related a story about someone from that planet capturing him a few days ago. He said the Alien called himself a proctologist and knocked him out to experiment on him with a procedure called a Colonoscopy. It sounded uncomfortable and I could only hope whatever had Gambler, Bandit and D’Artagnon wasn’t from that planet. But being a practical leader I knew we couldn’t save the three riders so we might as well continue on west.
I couldn’t get the picture of that strange shape snapping up three of our riders and I thought about it a lot as we continued on Stetson and to Warren. We past Warren and I started to wonder why those three were abducted and we four had not been. Then I remembered something I had seen on the History channel. When our scientist wanted to study animals all they really wanted were healthy animals to study. Operating on the assumption Aliens would be at least as smart as our scientists I figured the fact that I seemed to be coming down with a cold had saved us. The people riding close to me were spared and the people too far behind were abducted. I thought about explaining my theory when we regrouped at Winchester.
I decided not to mention the abduction to the rest of the riders because until I downloaded the pictures I had no real idea just what had happened. What you are seeing in this blog weren’t on my camera when I tried looking at what I had shot right after the three riders went missing. So we rode down to Domenigoni following Highlander and made the turn east where Barracuda took over and pulled us toward warren again. As we rolled over the dry wash I felt the same uneasiness I had on Wentworth and looked back to see how close the group was to me.
I decided to slow down a bit as we got close to Warren but there was some pressure following us and soon I found it was easy to cruise at 20mph with very little effort. I kept trying to get everyone to close up so that my sickness could protect them if the Aliens came back. The problem was the pressure was pushing me forward but didn’t seem like it was doing the same thing for Highlander and Digger. I lowered my head and started to pull for all I was worth trying to get the group out of harm’s way. But just as Barracuda and I past Sanderson I looked back to snap a picture of Highlander and Digger and they were gone just like the first three.
Still there was nothing I could do about it so I had Barracuda pull up next to me and we rode side by side all the way to State Street while he pedaled easily and I had to push for all I was worth just tom keep up. We made it to State and waited at the light to head north. For a change we didn’t drop into a sprint. I believe even Barracuda knew something bad had happened to the rest of the group. But we didn’t talk about it and we rode down to Chambers to turn east to Buena Vista and then north to Acacia. As we got to Acacia I had to turn left while Barracuda turned right. I said goodbye to him as I turned but as I looked in my mirror to watch him go he disappeared as well.
Now I was sure my sickness had saved me from being probed by Aliens and rode easily west towards Palm. When I got back to State the light was acting up and flashing rather than the normal cycle of red and green. I started thinking about close encounters of the third kind and knew the aliens could be close by. However by then the sky was clearing and the cloud cover was no longer able to block my vision of the sky. When I got home I ran inside and downloaded my pictures. It was then I decided I believe in UFOs. I took my camera to the store t say it had been acting up and I wanted it checked. The store manager came up looked at my camera and said he would be happy to replace it with a brand new camera and save me some time. I agreed and as I walked away I noticed some men in Black with dark glasses walked up to the manager and took my old camera. I only home when the Aliens release the other riders that they clear their memory of what happened and replace them with memories of a normal but short ride. Maybe they can say they cut the ride short because of the rain. I wouldn’t contradict them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment