Wednesday, December 28, 2016

By: C. Kent, aka (Superman) It was supposed to be warmer today and without wind. I was thinking I might get in a nice warm ride with a little distance so I posted one. I got up and had breakfast but when I went out to put the water bottle on my bike I about froze. I put on an extra base layer and heavy socks and full fingered gloves with a jacket and face mask before heading to the bike shop to meet with the group. There were only four of us and we all agreed it was colder than expected so we agreed to shorten the ride a bit and head for Acacia and Kirby to get the ride started. I pulled to Kirby and then to Cypress waiting for us to all get together. By the time we turned west on Cypress we were casually talking and moving easily towards Johnston. We turned onto Johnston and stopped at the light on Sanderson before turning south towards Stetson. I took us past Stetson and headed for Wally World where Earth Dog took over. Highlander soon joined him and I fell to third followed by Digger. Things stayed the same as we rolled by Mustang and made our way to Domenigoni. Once we turned west Earth Dog dod a great job of pulling us towards Warren. Digger was with us when Highlander took over just past Warren and pulled us up and over the dry wash. We dropped Digger on the rise at the dry wash and I sort of thought he would catch back up on the down side but he didn’t close much. He didn’t fall back much more as we worked our way to Winchester and headed for Leon. I pulled for a while till we got past the construction and then gave t lead back to Highlander. Highlander pulled hard to Leon and through the light before I realized we had lost Earth Dog. As we approached the saddle climb I pulled up next to Highlander and asked where Earth dog went but it seems as if that threw off his pace and he fell behind me as we started the climb. I rode to the top and waited for him and we both waited for Earth Dog and Digger. We decided it was just too cold to do the whole ride to Garbani so we headed for the gas station on Menifee for a stop before turning for home. On the way to the gas station we saw Bloodhound but he left us at Menifee.
Once we were back on out way I led Digger and Earth Dog towards Simpson while Highlander took the flat route through the housing tract and met us at Lindenburg. We got back together and headed for Leon again with me pulling to Leon. I fell off and let Earth Dog take the lead only to notie Digger trailing by 100 yards. I fell bacto pick him up and pulled him to Winchester. Highlander and Earth dog continued on to Winchester and were long gone by the time we got there. I started us north towards the dump road and Digger stayed with me that far. He slowed a but after the dump road and I pulled away and made my way to Winchester Farms to meet Highlander and Earth Dog. Digger was not that far behind. We had a food break and talked about gliders, air planes, blimps and drones. But the time we were ready to go again I had finished my water bottle and snack and was ready to head for home.
I stayed with Highlander and Earth Dog on Stowe till we got to California and then made our way to Stetson. I was still with them as we made our way to Warren and Digger started to fade. We waited for digger and then headed for Cawston. I stayed with Digger till we got to Sanderson where I left him and headed for home. As the year comes to a close I was looking forwards to taking a break from cycling for a few weeks till the weather warms up and my knee stops hurting. But I will maybe have on more planned group ride before January and I will have to at least take enough pain killers to get through Friday. Even though I feel a good super hot shower will do a world of good today.

No comments:

Post a Comment