Friday, July 15, 2016
By: C. Kent, aka (Superman)
I often look forward to Friday rides because they are mostly laid back easier rides. Today was not planned any different, at least from my perspective. I headed to the bike shop after breakfast and met up with Digger and Earth Dog. Bugler and Huntress joined us and we took off down Lyon to Acacia. Huntress and I talked as we headed for Kirby and I filled her in on our route. We finally turned south on Kirby and headed for Cypress .
Picture 54
We easily made our way to Johnston and Sanderson before I led us south towards Mustang. We got to Domenigoni and I started heading towards Warren with Huntress and the rest of the group in tow. After the rise I gave the led to Huntress and she turned it over to Bugler after Warren. I followed Bugler and Earth Dog with Huntress and Digger following me. After the bridge at the dry wash Digger fell off a bit and Earth Dog got a lead heading to Winchester. We had to wait at the light at Winchester and Digger almost caught us but didn’t have the juice to stay as we headed for Leon. Bugler took the lead and we followed him past Leon and to the bottom of the Saddle. Earth Dog jumped around Bugler but I was able to chase him down and get to the top first. Bugler joined me as we crested and then took off for the gas station where we regrouped.
I thought the group had settled into Cruise mode as we got ready to head south on Menifee. Digger took a head start for Revival and we followed. I crossed Holland behind Earth Dog and Bugler and planned on riding slowly up the hill with Huntress but she was having none of it and insisted I take off. I met Digger, Earth Dog and Bugler after the top of the climb and we waited till Huntress caught us before heading for Scott.
I got to the light first and waited till everyone had joined me before we regrouped on Scott and got ready to head for Winchester.
We took off east and we were all together till we got back to Briggs where Digger felloff a bit. By the time we crossed Leon Digger was falling back even more as we headed for the list little climb getting to Winchester. I decided to back it down and wait for Digger while the other three headed for Winchester and Home. It would be the last time I saw the lead group. Digger finally arrived and we headed north to ride back to Domenigoni. I pulled back to Holland and slowly pulled away a bit. When I caught the light at Winchester and Domenigoni Digger finally caught me and we rode to Winchester Farms together. We took a relaxing break before heading back onto Stowe to get to California. The ride on California to Stetson was simple and easy as was the ride east on Stetson. We got to Cawston and started towards Sanderson. Digger and I decided to head for home on Johnston and he rode with me to Lyon before we separated. I got home a few minutes later. It was time for lunch and something cold to drink.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment