Friday, May 21, 2010

5/21/2010
By: C. Kent, aka (Superman)

Hemet, Ca.


There are days when you know you should have just stayed in bed and today was one of those days for me. I got up and looked outside and the weather looked like it was trying to co-operate but I just didn’t feel like my motor was turning over smoothly. Still I was looking forward to an easy flat ride and prepared myself for just such a ride.

I got to Burger King and I was the only one there for quite a while. Duramax had gone to ride over with T-3 and I was a bit early. Soon Rocket pulled up followed by Noel, and a new rider Jeff. Gambler was next to arrive with Surgeon and Duramax and T-3 came next. Cossack and Powersurge finished off the group and we were ready to go. At 8am sharp we left the parking lot and headed down Gilmore. One look behind me should have told me the group was looking far too fresh for my planned nice easy ride


We scooted down Acacia and made the turn onto Kirby and things were rolling along pretty well as we turned through the housing tract and towards Johnson. We fell into line and made the turn towards the Air Port. We hooked up with Casey Jones as we got close to Stetson and the pace picked up. I caught up to the tail end of the pace line and held it till we turned onto California and noticed Duramax and T-3 had fallen off the back. T-3 was still recovering from being knocked off her bike by a car and Duramax was sticking with her so I continued on to Stowe and Winchester. Once there we waited for Duramax and T-3 while Casey continued on without us.

We discovered that Duramax and T-3 were going to cut their ride short and we took of down Winchester. We didn’t get far till Noel tossed a chain and we had to regroup for the ride down 9th towards Leon. That turned into a drag race to Leon and finally to Lindenburger. I pulled up to wait for Gambler and we caught the group at Domenigoni. As we started up the back side of the saddle the line spread out so that we were at least a quarter mile from front to back. We regrouped a bit before Warren when Rocket, Cossack and Jeff took off and I stayed with Noel, Surgeon and Gambler. I was back with Gambler when Noel and Surgeon took off after Rocket and Cossack. The group completely broke up at that point and most of them turned on Sanderson. I called Surgeon and only three of us made it to the Old Train Station. Surgeon and I had coffee and Gambler left for work. I have no idea where everyone else went but I guess everyone made it home safely. For an easy Friday it sure turned into a quick Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment