Wednesday, February 17, 2010

2/17/2010
By: C. Kent, aka (Superman)

Hemet, Ca


No matter what I was determined that today would be a recovery day. I wanted to get the legs warmed up and ride to get the blood flowing and purge some of the Latic Acid built up from two days of hard riding. I got plenty of sleep had a good breakfast and headed for the group ride.

As I pulled up to Burger King I was greeted by Duramax and Deacon and soon we were joined by Rocket, Rick, Connie, Parky, Attack Cat and Hit man. This would be the last day that Connie would be with us so the C group would be down one rider as she returned to Michigan.


Red Rabbit pulled up to say hello but he was on his 29er so we knew he wasn’t planning in a group ride. T-3 rolled in and surprised me because I didn’t see her coming. One of the last to arrive was Cossack on a brand new Trek Madone 6.9. We all paid our respects to this new steed and were almost blinded by the bike and Cossack’s smile. We decided to ride east towards Carl’s today but first we would head out to the Marina and then over to Cactus Valley. Before we could get out of the parking lot Duramax discovered he had a flat we all watched as he changed it.


We pulled out of the parking lot with all three groups and I am sure everyone noticed it was about as beautiful of a day as we have had all year. Some of us were heading for Sanderson and up to Domenigoni while others were headed for Thornton and then east to Fairview. We split up at Acacia and Rocket lead us to Kirby and worked our way over towards Sanderson. As we turned off of Kirby T-3 and Hit man pulled ahead while Rocket stopped with Cossack to adjust his saddle bag.

As soon as we were on Domenigoni Rocket, Cossack, Hit man and Attack Cat split off and took the lead to the entrance to the marina. Duramax, T-3 and I followed until we made the turn off of Domenigoni. Everyone decided to ride up the hill to the Marina and then back out on the road and over to State Street before heading up to Cactus Valley. Hit man had to leave us so Attack cat took off in the lead and soon Cossack and Rocket gave chase. When T-3, Duramax and I turned onto State we could just see the three other riders in the distance. We all regrouped at the end of the road before starting back to head over to Stetson. It turns out I still had a problem with my Left Crank arm and it started to come loose.

Once we discovered I needed to make repairs I called Quicksticks to see if he was home and had the tool I needed to fix my crank arm and once again we split up as Rocket, Cossack and Attack Cat left us. A quick repair and we were back on the road and headed for Carl’s. The three of us pulled into Carl’s just before Parky, Deacon and Rick had to leave for home. Still we had a good ride and it turned out to be a recovery ride pretty much like I had planned. 32.2 miles with a heart rate under 120is just what I needed to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment